“After a strong second quarter, the third quarter of 2022 continued with good sales growth in most of the company’s markets. The development is in line with our long-term ambitions to create sustainable sales growth.”
July – September 2022
Net sales: SEK 8.8 million (8.6)
Operating income: SEK -0.8 million (-0.4)
Net income for the period: SEK -0.8 million (-0.5)
Earnings per share: SEK -0.01 (-0.01)
Events in the third quarter
- Continued post COVID-19-market rebound with an increased order intake from most of the company ́s markets.
- First order for Glycosorb® ABO from distributor in Chile.
- New transplant centers added in India
- Participation as an exhibitor at the STS (Scandinavian Transplant Society) in Reykjavik and at the TTS (The Transplantation Society) in Buenos Aires
- Glycosorb® ABO was used at the largest heart transplant center in Germany to enable a blood group incompatible heart transplant on a two- year-old girl. The treatment with Glycosorb® ABO went excellent and the child was successfully transplanted.
- Meetings with potential key customers for the UBP-product in key European markets.
- Excellent results presented at the DGTI in Mannheim.
- In September, the Board of Directors appointed Johan Lavén as the new CEO of the company after Geert Nygaard resigned in July.
Significant events after the balance sheet date
- Oct 27, 2022: Excellent results from platelet evaluation in England
THE ENTIRE INTERIM REPORT FOR QUARTER 3 2022 IS ATTACHED
For further information, please contact:
Glycorex Transplantation AB (publ)
SE-223 63 Lund, Sweden
Phone: +46 46 286 5230
This information is such information that Glycorex Transplantation AB is required to disclose in accordance with the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication on November 24, 2022 at 08.00 CET.
Brief information about the company
Glycosorb® ABO is one of Glycorex Transplantation AB's self-developed proprietary medical devices that is used clinically in four continents to facilitate blood group-compatible transplants, especially in kidney transplants from related living donors, but the product is also used in liver, heart, lung and stem cell transplantation. The product has so far been used in more than 5,000 kidney transplants. The short-term and long-term results are excellent. The results have been presented in over 60 scientific articles in reputable medical journals. Each kidney transplant has been estimated to save up to SEK 5 million in dialysis costs alone. Each kidney transplant saves about 150 dialysis treatments per year, meaning that the over 5,000 kidney transplants performed after Glycosorb® treatments, can be estimated to save over 700,000 dialysis treatments per year. In addition to Europe, the product is used in India, Canada, Israel, Singapore, Thailand, Mexico and Australia, for example.
The company has also developed a CE-marked medical device product for the production of universal blood plasma and are developing products for the specific reduction of autoantibodies in the treatment of autoimmune diseases. The company is collaborating with a leading European research institute to develop a product for the treatment of the autoimmune disease rheumatoid arthritis. There are approximately 5 million patients in the EU who have this disease.
Glycorex Transplantation AB (publ) is listed on NGM Main Regulated Equity (Nordic Growth Market) and is traded under the symbol GTAB B.